As a subscriber of Cashflow Manager, all fees involved with lodging your records via Single Touch Payroll are included with your Cashflow Manager Gold, Wages Manager or Wages 1-4 subscription fee. If you have any questions regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact Cashflow Manager on 1300 88 78 68 or email at email@example.com
Registering with Single Touch Pty Ltd:
- Go to https://portal.singletouch.com.au/
- Select [Sign Up Now]
a. Fill all details and click on the [Send Verification Code] button.
b. Your email address and password set here will be used to log in to Single Touch when lodging payroll data to the ATO.
a. Type in code from verification email and wait.
b. Verification is automatic, and user does not need to click enter.
c. Once verification is complete click [Create].
- Log In
a. After logging in, the user is shown a to do list.
b. Click on [Register an entity].
c. This is setting up your business in Single Touch.
- 6. Register Identity
a. Fill in Business details - please ensure upload version is set to v2018 as seen in example.
b. If you are starting part way through the financial year fill in YTD figures and date.
c. Agree to terms and [Save].
Note: Please do not lodge your payroll through the Single Touch website. In order to lodge your STP, follow the steps below to lodge your pay events through your Cashflow Manager Gold, Wages Manager or Wages 1-4 software.
Starting Single Touch Payroll reporting:
If you have previous pays listed in the Single Touch function that you do not want to send you first need to clear them from the form.
- From the [Tools] menu or on the right-hand side of the Employees screen, select [Single Touch Payroll] to open the Single Touch form.
- This will display any pays already processed but not sent.
- Click on [Other Functions] button.
- On the next screen click [Mark as Sent] button.
- Close Single touch Form to remove the entries.
Lodging a pay event: For a pay event to show in the Single Touch function, you first need to complete the pays in the wages section.
- Open the Single Touch function using the [Single Touch] button on the right side of the Employees screen.
- The pay will be listed with the Pay Event Date showing as the day the pay was saved in the Wages system.
- Tick the [Include] tick box for pay events you wish to lodge.
- The payment date will default to today’s date; this should be changed to the actual date of payment.
- Then select the lodgement type:
i. New File (New Pay Run)
ii. Update (Update a record in previously lodged file)
iii. Replacement (Full replacement of previously lodged file)
- You can then enter the name of the person making the declaration, accept the declaration and click [Send].
- If this is your first lodgement, or you have previously signed out of Single Touch, a Sign In screen will appear.
- Complete the log in with your email and password.
- A message will then show in the Single Touch form if the lodgement was successful.
- You will then receive an email notification from Single Touch advising the Pay Event was lodged to the ATO.
- If users are using more than one computer, they need to make sure data is backed up correctly and moved between computers correctly.
- Users should lodge all pays for a pay run in a single transaction – please do not send individual pays one after the other.
- If users have entered pays for several weeks at once they should ensure they are lodged in the correct sequence.
- Users should complete a pay run and then lodge to Single Touch before processing another pay. (Recommended practice to avoid lodgement errors).
- If lodging multiple transactions on one day please wait for confirmation that a transaction has been accepted by the ATO before sending the next transaction to ensure the process is complete.
End of Financial Year Finalisation:
After you have processed the last pay run for your employee(s) in the Wages section, when you go to Single Touch Payroll to lodge the pay, the Final Event box will be automatically ticked. This is to notify the ATO that this was the last pay for the employee(s) in the financial year.
If you don’t receive a ‘lodgement successful’ message. There will be an error stated:
Need to pay for this service:
This is usually caused by the user trying to lodge pays without signing up to Single touch first.
Unknown agency or service Details: The value provided to identify the receiving party is not recognised, or a request has been made for a service not offered by the receiving party:
This is a communication issue between Single Touch and the ATO and not related to the software. Users can log out and log back in or try again later.
Please note: If you are sending more than 1 new file/update/replacement, please wait 24hrs until you submit another new file/update/replacement. Or, until you receive an email stating the lodgement is successful.