Select the customer from the Customer List, and click the [Money In] button.
Record the Receipt Date. This defaults to today’s date per the computer but can be edited.
Record a Reference Number if required.
The Current Balance for the customer will display.
Select from the Auto-Apply options.
- Earliest Date First is the default selection. While this is selected, when you enter the total amount received in the Amount Received box and press [Enter], the receipt will be automatically applied to the oldest invoices first.
- Lowest Invoice Number First applies the receipt in sequence starting with the lowest invoice number.
- Don’t Use Auto Apply allows you to select the invoices yourself.
To use either of the Auto-Apply options, select the option, record the receipt amount in the [Amount Received] box and press [Enter]. Alternatively, record the amounts next to each invoice listed in the grid in the [Amount Received column].
If this is the first receipt applied to an invoice, you have the option to apply a discount. Click the [Add Discount] button for the invoice, enter the amount, and choose whether it is a percentage of the total or a dollar amount. Click the [Apply Discount] button.
To transfer the amounts received into a Cashflow Manager Account:
- Click in the [Transfer to Cashflow Manager] check-box.
- Select the Cashflow Manager Account in which to record the receipt
- Select the [Banked] or [Not Banked] option where applicable.
- If you want to combine into a single transaction, tick the [Group as one entry] checkbox
- Click the [Continue] button
- Allocate the amount(s) to the appropriate Allocation Column(s)
- Click the [Save] button.