Select the customer from the Customer List, and click the [Money In] button.
Record the (Receipt Date). This defaults to today’s date per the computer but can be edited.
Record a (Reference Number) if required.
The (Current Balance) for the customer will display.
Select from the Auto-Apply options.
1. Earliest Date First is the default selection. While this is selected, when you enter the total amount received in the Amount Received box and press [Enter], the receipt will be automatically applied to the oldest invoices first.
2. Lowest Invoice Number First applies the receipt in sequence starting with the lowest invoice number.
3. Don’t Use Auto Apply allows you to select the invoices yourself.
To use either of the Auto-Apply options, select the option, record the receipt amount in the (Amount Received) box and press [Enter]. Alternatively, record the amounts next to each invoice listed in the grid in the (Amount Received) column.
If this is the first receipt applied to an invoice, you have the option to apply a discount. Click the [Add Discount] button for the invoice, enter the amount, and choose whether it is a percentage of the total or a dollar amount. Click the [Apply Discount] button.
To transfer the amounts received into a Cashflow Manager Account:
1. Click in the [Transfer to Cashflow Manager] check-box.
2. Select the Cashflow Manager Account in which to record the receipt
3. Select the [Banked] or [Not Banked] option where applicable.
4. If you want to combine into a single transaction, tick the [Group as one entry] checkbox
5. Click the [Continue] button
6. Allocate the amount(s) to the appropriate Allocation Column(s)
7. Click the [Save] button.