Before you get started with Super Stream, you need to think about which payment
option will be best for your business. You can choose either the “Manual” method, or the “File” method.
For employers choosing the File Method:
Register your company and employees with the Clearing House of your choice.
Create a Super Stream SAFF (Superannuation Alternative File Format) in your small business payroll software.
Login to your Clearing House and import your Super Stream SAFF file.
The latest versions are Super Stream ready and compliant.
The program is designed to create an electronic SAFF file. The Clearing House then pays super to your employee’s funds for you. You simply upload the SAFF file to the clearing house, and they do the rest.
For more information on which Clearing House to use, please contact your Super Fund to see what they offer.
The Super Stream Process:
Initial Super Stream Set-up:
To enable the Super Stream functionality, it must first be turned on, and an initial set-up complete.
To do this, please follow these instructions:
1. Once you have installed the latest version, a click on the Wages tab.
A message will automatically appear asking if you would like to switch on Super Stream. Click on [Yes] (if you decide NO, you can switch Super Stream on at a later date via Tools/Options).
2. Once you select [Yes], tick the option [Use Super Stream]
3. Once the option is selected, the ' Super Stream Set-up' screen will appear
4. The Super Stream Set-up screen requires you to record Super Fund and Employee Information that has not been previously recorded.
Each super fund name, and if they are Super Stream Ready will appear. Each fund
needs to be selected individually and modified. To do this, select the appropriate fund, and select [Modify Fund].
The Modify Super Fund screen will then appear. You will then need to select the following options:
Fund Type–select either APRA (a fund regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority or a retirement savings account RSA), or SMSF (Self-Managed Super Fund).
Fund Details–the program includes a complete list of Super Fund Names, with their corresponding ABN, USI (Unique Super Identifier), and Product Name.
For APRA fund types, click on the Fund Name drop down menu, and select the correct fund (for further information on choosing your Fund Type, and Super Fund Product, please contact your Superannuation Fund).
This will automatically pre-fill the Fund ABN and USI.
For SMSF types, you will need to enter the Fund Name, Fund ABN, Fund Electronic Service Address, and Fund Bank Details.
The fund address and phone number can also be added.
Once the process is complete, select [Save].
Repeat this process for all individual funds.
Once this process is complete, select [Next].
You then need to select a 'Gender' from the drop-down list in the 'Gender' column for each employee.
Once all the employees have been allocated a gender, select [Save].
The Super Stream set-up is now complete.
Creating The SAFF Electronic File:
Once you have set-up the Super Stream option, you are now ready to create your
The program is designed to create an electronic payment file, known as SUPERANNUATION ALTERNATIVE FILE FORMAT (SAFF), to be uploaded to a Clearing House of your choice. The Clearing House then pays super to your employee’s funds for you. You simply upload the SAFF file to the clearing house, and they do the rest.
To Create the SAFF file, please follow these instructions:
1. Select the 'Superannuation' tab
Here, you will find the list of super funds, and a [SuperStream] button.
2. Select the [SuperStream] button.
3. The 'Superannuations Payment' screen will then appear. Here, select the correct “Contribution Period”. The “Payment Date” will default to “today’s” date. You also have the option to transfer the payment to Cashflow Manager.
Once selected, select [Next].
4. A Superannuation Payments screen will then appear. This section will show the following:
• Employee Name
• All Fund Names (the SAFF file will contain ALL funds and relevant employees)
• Employer Contribution Super Guarantee amount
• Employer Contribution Voluntary amount (if applicable)
• Employer Contribution Award amount (if applicable)
• Salary Sacrifice amount (if applicable)
• Employee Contribution amount (if applicable)
• Total Super amounts for each individual employee
•T otal Super amount for all employees.
5. Select the [Create Super Stream File] tab
6. The SENDER & PAYER INFORMATION screen will then appear. Here, the Organisation Name and ABN will automatically pre-fill. Type in the following information:
• Given Name/Other Given Name
• Account Number
• Account Name
Please Note: All information must be entered before creating the SAFF file.
7. Select the [Create SAFF] button
8. The SAFF file will be in a CSV format. The FILE NAME will automatically pre-fill, and the file location will default to: C/Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/CFM/Cashflow11/SBR (you can change the file location by navigating to it (Eg. Desktop).
Select the [Save] button.
The SAFF file has now been created, and the Superannuation Payment successfully recorded.
The SAFF file can now be uploaded to your Clearing House.
For instructions on this process, please contact your Clearing House.