The latest version allows you to create Account-based & Business-based budgets.
This means you can produce budgets for specific Cashflow “accounts”, or for the entire “business”.
Both the Account and Business Budgets can be accessed via the Side Panel.
How do I create, save and delete a Business Budget?
In Cashflow Manager you can create a budget which is based on the estimation on the total income and expenses for each month.
To create and save anew Business Budget:
1. Click on the BUSINESS BUDGET tab on the Side Panel.
2. Click on the NEW tab–a “New Budget” window will appear
3. Type in a name for your new budget. Please note: only letters and numbers can be used.
4. If you have not entered any data into Cashflow, and just want to obtain a budget set up first, choose “No Initial Data”, and then click [OK].
5. Your budget will appear ready for the months of the Financial Year and categories to be filled in. The amounts can only be entered in full dollar amounts.
6. To the far right it will total the entire ‘Allocation Columns’. Down the bottom of the budget it will give you your monthly totals.
7. Click the [Save] button towards the bottom of the budget screen.
To delete a Business Budget:
If you need to delete a budget, ensure that you have the correct budget name in the
BUDGET-selector at the top of the screen.
Click the [Delete] button at the bottom of the screen.
Select the budget you wish to delete from the drop-down list and click [OK].
How do I increase the estimated figures in the Business Budget?:
If you have loaded historical data to help create your budget, you may wish to increase your totals by a set percentage for inflation.
In fact, you can also use this option to increase the whole budget, a time-period or a selected column by an amount.
To do this:
1. When in your budget, click on the [Increase] button at the bottom of the screen.
2. A"Percentage Increase" box will appear. This will then allow you to increase to *Pound* Value or *Percentage* Value, for a specific time-period, or allocation column.
3. Click on the [OK] button to apply the increase.
How do I save the Business Budget as a CSV file?
1. While in the Budget, click on the [Save As..]button at the bottom of the screen
2. In the bottom,left corner where it says,"File name", be sure to type in a name for the Budget that you have just created
3. Navigate to the location you wish to save your budget [e.g. Desktop]
4. Click on the [Save] button in the bottom right corner and you can also see that this will then save your Budget as a csv file.
How do I print my Business Budget?
1. Click on the Cashflow [Reports] tab on the Side Panel.
2. Double left click on the Budget (Business) report
3. You can then select the month and year of the Budget andthe Budget you would like to print
4. On the bottom right hand corner, you can either chose to click on [Preview] or
[Print] your Budget.
5. The report will display the type and name of the budget
Business Budget Comparison –comparing your Actual Cashflow to the Business Budget:
Comparing actual results with your business budget each month highlights the differences between your budget and your performance. This enables you to examine the reasons for the differences and to act on the reasons to improve future performance.
1. When in your budget, click on the [Comparison] button at the bottom of the screen.
2. Select the period you want to compare using the options at the top of the screen.
3. Click on [Compare].
4. Type in any comments or action required.
5. Click on the [Print] button to print or email your comparison. You can also export your comparison by clicking on [Export] to create a comma separated value delimited text file that can be opened in programs such as Microsoft Excel.
6. Click on [OK] when you have finished.
How do I save the Budget Comparison as a CSV file?
1. While in the Budget, click on the [Comparison] button at the bottom of the screen
2. Then click on the [Save As..] button at the bottom of the screen
3. In the bottom,left corner where it says,"File name", be sure to type in a name for the Budget Comparison you have created
4. Navigate to the location that you would like to save your Comparison [e.g. Desktop]
5. Click on the [Save] button in the bottom right corner. The Comparison will then be saved as a csv file.