To apply the overpayment to another invoice, select the supplier in the Supplier List and click on the [Apply Overpayment] button.
- Change the date as necessary.
- Click on the drop-down arrow next to the Invoice Selected box to display a list of the supplier’s invoices with outstanding balances. Select the required invoice.The invoice details will display and the Credit to Apply will pre-fill with the amount of credit remaining or the ‘Balance Outstanding’ on the invoice. Edit the amount if necessary.Click on the [Save] button.
- If the credit is refunded to you, click on the [Refund] button rather than selecting an invoice
To transfer the receipt to Cashflow Manager:
- Tick the [Transfer to Cashflow Manager] checkbox.
- A field will appear to select the Cashflow Manager account for recording the payment.
- Click on the [Continue] button.
- Allocate the amount to the appropriate allocation column.
- Click on the [Save] button.
Remove an Overpayment
Overpayments can be removed from Invoices without the need to remove the payment that created the overpayment/credit.
To remove an overpayment, click on [Tools] button and select [Remove Overpayment].
Select the overpayment by clicking in the checkbox, and click [Remove].