If you have previously lodged a Termination Pay incorrectly through Single Touch Payroll, please follow these steps
Note: If you have terminated more than one employee on different dates throughout the Financial Year, you will need to repeat the full processes one by one.
1. Termination Pay Report
- Select [Reports] on the left-hand side menu of Wages
- Select the [Termination Pays] report
- Click [Continue] in the bottom left
- Select the [All Employees] options, select the [Pay Process Date] from the drop down, select [Detailed]
- Click [Preview] to view the full termination pay.
- You can print the Termination Pay to ensure when you re process the pay, it matches your original figures.
Note: If you have more than 1 employee terminated in the Financial Year on a different Pay Process Date, repeat generating the Termination Pay report with the relevant Pay Process Date selected.
2. Log into your Single Touch Pty Ltd account and document/ print the Pay Event each termination pay is linked to: https://singletouch.com.au/
3. Reinstate employee
- In the Employees section of Wages, tick [Show Terminated] on the right-hand side under Functions
- Select terminated employees name
- Select [Re-instate Employee] on the right-hand side under Functions
- Select [Yes] to the message ‘’Are you sure you want to re-instate…..?”
- Select [No] to the message “Do you want to clear any leave accruals this employee had from their previous employment?’’
- The employee will now show as ‘Active’
- Select employees name and select [Tools] in the top left of the screen
- Select [Termination Pays] and select [View Existing Pay]
- Select the [Date of Termination Pay] and select [Next]
- You can print the Termination Pay to ensure when you re process the pay, it matches your original figures
- Then [Delete] the termination pay
4. Re process the termination pay
- Select employees name
- Select [Terminate Employee] on the right-hand side of the screen under Functions
- Select [Yes] to the message ‘’Are you sure you want to terminate…?
- Select the [Termination Date]
Note: the date will default to today’s date. Ensure to change it to the original date of the termination
- Select [OK]
- Select [Yes] to the message ‘’Do you wish to record a Termination Pay’’
- Process termination pay ensuring all figures match the original termination pay using your printed report as reference
5. Single Touch Payroll
- Select [Single Touch Payroll] on the right-hand side under Functions
- Under [Pay Events Being Lodged] the employees name will appear.
Note: The Pay Event Date will show as the date the termination pay was re processed
- Ensure that employee is the only one ticked under the Include column
Note: If more than one employee termination pays were lodged in the same Pay Event through Single Touch Payroll originally, include them as well
- Under STP Values, change the [Payment Date] to the original payment date of the Termination Pay
- Select [Update] for the Lodgement File Type and select the [Pay Event] you need to update
Note: Refer to the Pay Event you documented from your Single Touch Pty Ltd account that the termination pay(s) were linked to.
- Type the name of the person making the declaration
- Tick the [I declare that the information transmitted in this STP event is true and correct and that I am authorised to make this declaration] box
- Select [Send]
The termination pays have now been re processed and lodged through Single Touch Payroll as an update.
Please note: A replacement can only be sent for the last pay event you have lodged.
If you are sending more than 1 update/replacement, please wait 24hrs until you submit another update/replacement. Or, until you receive an email stating the lodgement is successful.