1. Down load a file from your Bank’s website to use as a template.
2. Click on the [Add New] button to set your default Financial Institution.
3. Browse to the Bank file that you downloaded. Open the file. Your data will be displayed on the left side of the pop-up window.
4. Answer the questions in the bottom left of the pop-up window
- Is there a header? This refers to whether there are column titles in the data. For example date, description etc.
- Are the fields separated by tabs or commas? Most banks use commas, try this option first.
- How many fields are there in each row? For example if your data has Date, description, debit and credit, there are 4 fields.
Note: sometimes it is difficult to tell if there is no header row. If you see 2 commas together, the second comma indicates another field, even though it is empty. For example, this will occur if the bank file has a separate field for debits [money out] and credits [money in].
5. Assign the fields. For each of the fields in your data, select a field type to map to in Cashflow Manager. There is a drop down list in the field called “Field type”.
6. Provide a name for this Bank.
7. Provide the URL that you use to download. This will enable you to navigate to your bank site and download your statement at the time you are doing your bank reconciliation.
8. Click on [Save]
9. Click on [Next]